Key Features of a Mobile Website – It isn’t just a small version of your pc site.
Key Features of a Mobile Website
Mobile Internet is one of the fastest-growing platforms ever. As a result, a multitude of business mobile websites are springing up as savvy business owners start to realize where most of their target audience is spending their time.
From product information to searching for a local plumber, people are using their phones more often than ever.
However, in order to have an effective mobile website, there are several key features that should be implemented that will help ensure that consumers are more likely to become paying customers:
SmartPhone and Tablet Simplicity:
- Trimmed down mobile website layouts allow the loading process to go much faster. Since cellphones are slower than laptops and desktop computers, this is imperative.
- Mobile websites make it simple for consumers to call and/or email your business with a simple tap on a touchscreen or cellphone button.
- Mobile websites can also be integrated into mobile maps, making it easier for people to locate your business.
- SMS and text messages can be integrated with your mobile website, making it easier for you to build a list of targeted leads and customers.
- Social Media is one of the top-ranked activities for mobile users. Mobile and social media go hand-in-hand.
- A mobile website can be easily integrated with your own social media business accounts to help you more actively engage with your mobile customers.
- Mobile users will have a way to share your mobile website with the masses via the major social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- While on the go, mobile consumers are usually looking for specific information about a business. The beauty in this is that half of them are likely to take some type of action as far as contacting or visiting the business within 24hrs.
- Mobile websites are created in a way to help move this conversion process along as quickly as possible; such as making your contact details as prominent as possible and including a strong call to action.
Mobile Coupons and Deals:
- Mobile coupons and deals are more easily controlled via a mobile website through redemption tracking.
- Users can have the option to have a coupon or special emailed, shared via social networks, or saved to their cellphone.
- There are several tools available to help mobile sites schedule coupon start dates, expiration dates, and new promotions.
To learn how to get a free mobile website design mockup from WEBv5 – please click here.
Key Features of a Mobile Website was written by Chad Currin, a mobile website strategist and founder of website design company WEBv5.com.